2018 – Let’s Do It!Published: 2018-01-08 07:17
Hello! I’m Laura Guse and I am a Sales Executive for Professional Hygiene based out of Houston, TX. I am excited to share my experiences working with Professional Hygiene so you can get a glimpse into my career and what a great company I have the privilege to work for!
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am married and a Mom to 2 adorable fur babies – Rhett & Scarlett
- A few of the things that I love to do outside of work include cooking, reading food & fashion blogs, watching collegiate football and basketball ( I love sports!), traveling and participating in my neighborhood book club. My favorite book that we read in 2017 was Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate if anyone wants a good book recommendation. I couldn’t put it down and it is based around true events.
- I am 1 of 4 children ( I have 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister) and I grew up in a small town in the Midwest. It was such a small town that I got to participate in every sport growing up because we just needed bodies to create a team. I played volleyball, basketball, ran track and was a cheerleader. Year round I competed in power tumbling and in the summers I played softball. I think all this competing is where I get my competitive spirit.
- Since I grew up in the Midwest, I had never seen the ocean or stood on a beach until I moved to Charlotte, NC, for my first professional job. I moved a week early before I started my job and went to Myrtle Beach. Every time I see the ocean it takes my breath away.
- My husband and I have lived in Houston, TX, for 4 years but before relocating here I have lived in Charlotte, Huntington, WV, Atlanta, GA, Austin, MN, Iowa City, IA, Kansas City, KS, and Indian Land, SC (Charlotte).
In 2018, I want to challenge myself to do things that make me uncomfortable as I believe this will help me improve and be a better person. For example, I never thought I would volunteer to write a blog! I’m excited to share my thoughts and I hope this is an interactive space where we can all learn and grow from each other!
I am planning on sharing my day-to-day work experiences such as sharing a new product launch, what it is like to prep for a distributor sales meeting and attend my company’s National Sales Meeting. In addition, I plan on sharing other topics such as what I do to stay motivated and how I attempt to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
It is the beginning of a new year with new goals to achieve and challenges to overcome. I wish everyone a happy, healthy and successful 2018. Get out there and crush it. I happen to love inspirational quotes so here is one for you that I really like for the new year:
“Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”
Until next time….